This year’s 2019 Amazon Prime Day starts on Monday, and like the 2018 Amazon Prime Day, there are plenty of great drone deals to be had.
This year’s sale is going to last a whopping 48 hours — that’s 12 hours longer than last year’s 36-hour “day.” But you should still move quick, as not all of the drone deals will last throughout the duration of the day.
The 2019 Amazon Prime Day deals are only available to Amazon Prime members, but here’s a hack so non-members can partake, too. Use this link to get an Amazon Prime 30-day free trial, which will allow you to take advantage of the deals without paying a time. Just make sure to cancel your membership after your purchase if you don’t intend to keep your membership!
We’re updating this post as the deals come in (so stay tuned!). We’re also including not just drones, but related items that might up in your bag of drone gear, too.
Here are some of the best 2019 Amazon Prime Day drone deals (on drones and other stuff, too!):
- DJI Drone Skins to customize your drone ($12.72, down from $15.90): These are a fun, low-cost way to spice up your drone and give it some personal flair! The waterproof decals made of 3M Scotchcal are easy to paste on your DJI drone and controller. Designs (through UV inkjet printing technology) include camouflage, a cool, outer-space looking design, and a calming blue (my favorite). I also like how these function up as a protection device for your drone, as they are tough to scratch.
- 20% off the Samsung T5 Portable 500 GB SSD ($80, down from $100): You have tons of drone footage, so make sure you have a place to store it, and a backup…and even a backup of the backup. This portable SSD is super reliable — and fast. It’s also ultra-compact, so you can take it in your drone case to store your footage to it right away.
- ALLCACA S28W beginner drone ($29.39, down from $35.99): This is a toy drone, so it’s great to practice with before you start flying a more expensive one. Or, it’s a fun gift for kids to spike their interest in tech. I like this drone because, unlike many other low-cost, toy drones, this one has altitude hold, and a one-key return to home mode, which can make it significantly easier (read: much less stressful) to fly.
- Save $18 on the DJI Portable Charging Station for Spark Quadcopter Starters Bundle ($72, down from $90): This is a super interesting product that can wirelessly charge up to three batteries at a time. It takes about 2.5 hours to charge three batteries (total power of 5000 mAh), plus it can charge your phone or other devices via its USB port. I haven’t tried it myself, but reviews are overwhelmingly positive, and the whole device seems wildly convenient (and very well-priced). Of course, the charging station itself needs to be recharged too; that takes 1 hour and 35 minutes.
- DJI Mavic Air Travel Bag ($39, down from $59): I love this bag — in fact, it’s the one I have! It can be worn cross-body or on the side of your shoulder. I like it because it isn’t super obviously a drone bag (it could be a super stylish lunch bag, okay?!), good in situations where you don’t want to draw attention to the fact that you are here with a drone. The bag is officially made by DJI, and is designed to fit your Mavic Air, controller, battery and charger, and other accessories. I like the external pocket, which allows me to tuck in my iPhone and wallet, too.
Alas, you still can’t get anything from Prime Day delivered by an Amazon drone, but most items will be shipped (the good old-fashioned way to your mailbox) in two days.
Other drone deals (not from 2019 Amazon Prime Day)
Amazon Prime Day isn’t just a day for deals on Amazon. Other retailers put on their own sales to capitalize on the online shopping hype, including B&H (largely a competitor to Amazon when it comes to photo gear), and DJI themselves. Their sale is called the DJI Super Sale.
DJI Super Sale offers up to 18% off drones, Osmo and more
On July 15 and 16, DJI is offering up to 18% off a variety of items, including the new Osmo Action, and drones including the Mavic 2, Mavic Air and Tello.
Here are some of the best DJI Super Sale deals (running through July 17):
B&H Photo also offering similar deals
New York-based photo store B&H Photo is offering up tons of deals that also run between now and Wednesday, July 17. Most of the deals are exactly the same as what you’ll find from the DJI Super Sale, but there’s another reason we like B&H.
Residents of 28 states don’t have to pay sales tax (which could potentially also save you an additional ~$100, depending on what you buy). Only residents of the following states have to pay sales tax: Alaska, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Jersey, New York, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Vermont, Washington (state), and Wisconsin. If your state isn’t listed here, no sales tax for you!
B&H also offers its own, store-branded credit card. It has no annual fee, and by using it, it refunds all sales tax on all orders from B&H.
Here are some of the best B&H Photo drone deals (running through July 17):
Happy flying, and happy shopping!